CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Fahrenheit 435(Temperature when the setting burns into our feelings)

Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be
Beautiful? Or disturbing? Or memorable? Describe these settings and
Comment on why they were meaningful to you.



The setting I found was very disturbing but memorable. There was a time when I didn’t like books. I didn’t even want them in my sight, which shows how much I hated books that time. The first book that gave me a good impression on books was the Harry Potter series. These series were the only books that I read all day and all night. Any way that’s how I got read more books often then. The setting of the book was the future, where people would burn books because of mass high technology. This concept and setting would definitely disturb me because I love books.
The reason why I am saying it is memorable is because of the passage I saw. “Well, Montag take my word for it, I’ve had to read a few in my time, to know what I was about, and the books say nothing!”(pg 62)

In the setting, the people in this world would burn the books because of mass technology. Reading this passage and this concept and setting makes me think of my self in the pass. It was when I was 11 years old and these people were having the same thought as a child! This made me disturbing and memorable.

I also found this setting very interesting because of the concept of the book. Burning books? Wow, even I wouldn’t have thought about that. Most books (Especially SF) would have the concept of persecuting, or destroying. For example, robots, they were the most common beings that I would see getting persecuted in Science Fiction novels.
Books are a common hobby for every one in this world. Burning that would be very hard and eliminating it would make the people and the world much more miserable.

0 comments: