CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Fahrenheit 586(Temperature when the passage of the book burns)

Please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you.
Why is this passage meaningful? Please type it into one of your entries
And comment on what you think about the passage.

“Well, Montag take my word for it, I’ve had to read a few in my time, to know what I was about, and the books say nothing!”(pg 62)

This passage is meaningful because it is explaining how the civilization is going around in that world. People think that books are nothing but paper, they have high technology that they now think that books are worthless. In this case, for what I think about, is that this man who said this passage grew up in an environment that didn’t allow books at all but were taught that books were evil.

If that people in this world didn’t have that kind of concept toward books, then this man wouldn’t have this kind of words.

This passage is also important to me. I don’t read that much, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like reading, but saying this passage makes me think of myself.
When I was in 5th grade, I had a huge homework on reading. That time I was thinking to myself, why does literature even exist? I don’t need books; I just want to play around. After I got into Middle School, I realized that I was wrong. I knew the importance of books until 8th grade. I had a low reading level that were lower than average, even though I’m good at speaking English what is the point if I don’t even know the vocabs?

I knew that this passage is significant to me because it was the words that I said when I was 11 years old. After reading this passage, I had a big fear that the future might turn out like this, like the book, words that only 11 year old kids say…

0 comments: