CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Epsilon embryos(setting/passage)

The setting I am about to talk about is the setting that was extremely disturbing to me and yet it was so memorable, in a bad way. This setting takes a huge part in the novel, as it takes part as the climax. The madness and the bizarre situation that is somehow unique in the real world (2008), has left a weird dramatic moment into my memories, and made me feel disgusted.
The setting was the place near the lighthouse where John used it as shelter to repeating his continuous ceremony. The ceremony made the setting very disturbing but memorable (once again, in a bad way). As John rapidly slashes his whip toward to women he had emotions, and with frenzy, he slashes shouting out with insanity.
Here is a passage that shows the insanity of this setting. The passage takes place in the setting as I said the lighthouse and one of the passages makes you kind of remember this and makes you disturbing.

“Oh, the flesh!” The Savage ground his teeth. This time it was on his shoulders that the whip descended. “Kill it, kill it!”

This passage shows kind of what happens in that setting, if you just see the passage without the book, you can’t notice the setting, but you can notice the situation that is happening.

Though I didn’t feel much of that refusal on the other setting, it was just that they were dark and gloomy. Telling the whole of the settings, I think that all of them weren’t that bad compared to the climax setting.

1 comments:

Gina L said...

I think it was memorable too. Indeed, I believe it was one of the climaxes.

But I couldn't understand John. How can he kill a woman whom he had loved before? I think it was too exaggerated by the author.