CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Delta embryos(Mood)

(Not including this blogging project, there are many times where I have read dystopia novels. In my memory, I read 4 dystopia novels in English and over 10 in Korean. Reading Korean Dystopia novels is kind of a natural, or somehow instinctive act to Koreans. Koreans usually want to understand the philosophy of the world toward morals and experiences that are written in the book; deep and a profound knowledge is what Koreans thirst to analyze and understand. That’s the reason why there are dystopian novels everywhere I see in Korea. I am not sure with Americans but I am sure about this on Koreans. Anyway, almost every dystopia novels that I have read had almost the same mood, it’s like a rightful substance that this particular mood should be in a dystopia novel.)

Of all the dystopia novels that I have read (including the last blogging assignment) I have found similarities in the mood of these novels.
Almost all the dystopia novels I have read had the mood of gloominess.

Dystopia is the opposite meaning of Utopia, Utopia means an imagination of a human world that would be the best for humanity but dystopia is the fiction world that would be the worst for humanity, definitely it matches to the gloomy feeling of people.

Through this novel, I can clearly see the mood because of the world that leads humanity to corruption. It was kind of familiar to me because it was the same mood of all the dystopian novels that I read. But it also kind of made me sad about John.
The thoughts that “If” John didn’t get to know the existence of the World State then he wouldn’t have to end up like that. After his death, a long silence and an empty mind filled with endless depression made me think about this ending repeating it over and over again...

I think that the mood of the novel makes the reader also feel like that. I thought the ending would be some how happy or at least the protagonist surviving, but this novel left nonsense ending with the mood of the whole story entering to my emotions.

0 comments: