CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BLOG 6 English 10

I read the whole book of the Catcher of the rye. I heard from many people that it was very good book and it was really good for teenagers. I thought that the "Good" that the people meant were meaning the fun of the book but it wasn't.(I think if that was what they were talking about man I have to seriously discuss about their taste in reading books because this book was not fun)It was actually a book that seriously discussed of how a teenager in America would act and in my opinion what was life in the 1960s at that time. I mean, this book wasn't that fun, but I still kind of liked it. What attracted me to this book was mainly the author's special voice but also the unique way that the author wrote this book. The author didn't write the book based on the events but the connection between the events and the main character's experiences. The events weren't that important in this book but the experience/past that the main character had and how he would connect them to his lifetime experiences. I think that this book was emphacizing that the world was too dangerous to teenagers that hate to study and stuff. The main character wishes to go out and live on his own with the girl he liked but he was too young to think of that, and he thought easy of life. Except for the swear words and sexual somethings, it was a good book.(Although, it was not fun)

0 comments: